Merit Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM on the advertising end date.
|Initial Advertising Ends on:||Extended Until Position is Filled|
|Organization:||VP Finance & Operations|
|Building:||Power Plant (PP)|
|Part/Full Time||Full Time Position|
Details: Will rotate 6:00am-6:00pm and 6:00pm-6:00am every two weeks. Mandatory Overtime.
Details: Rotating 12 hours shifts including weekends and holidays.
|Background Check:||Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.|
|* Plus the ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards.|
|Additional Information:||Position has bloodborne pathogen risk.|
|Desired Qualifications:||Ability to operate boilers and turbine driven generators, chilled water production equipment and associated auxiliaries as well as coordinate power plant equipment operations with other plant personnel.|
1. All duties of a Utility Plant Operator I and II.
2. Operate electric and turbine driven chillers and turbine driven generators.
3. Operate utility electric tie line and medium voltage switch gear.
4. Maintain a continuous steam supply to campus, using extraction steam from turbine generators or pressure reducing valves, as plant conditions require.
5. Provide training and instructions to Utility Plant Operator I and Utility Plant Operator II personnel.
6. Perform all the functional duties of plant operations in absence of supervisor.
7. Complete site specific training program for Utility Plant Operator III, within assigned time period.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED, and;
2. Four years of experience in an industrial plant, process plant or power plant operating boilers, pumps, fans, conveyors or other similar equipment. A minimum of two years of the experience must be in the operation of coal and/or gas/oil fired water tube boilers, steam turbine generators and related plant equipment including pumps, fans, conveyors and other similar equipment and;
3. Possession of a license similar to the National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers (NIULPE) or State of Minnesota First Class-A Engineer license or ability to become licensed within 6 months.
Before applying for the UTILITY PLANT OPERATOR III position, please read the Minimum Qualifications
Before you can apply for a specific opening, you must have an ACTIVE ELECTRONIC MERIT EMPLOYMENT FILE with UI HR Employment Services. If you have already done so, please login. If you have not, please read our introductory page.
APPLICANT CREDENTIALS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION
Background checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.
For information about applying for Office and Clerical, Service, or Technical/Craft positions, please go to Merit Application Procedures or contact University Human Resources Employment Services at 319-335-2656 or 800-272-6400 (Iowa Toll Free).
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The University of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.
Persons with disabilities may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to inquire or discuss accommodation needs.
Prospective employees may review the University Campus Security Policy and the latest annual crime statistics by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 319/335-5022.