Merit Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM on the advertising end date.
|Initial Advertising Ends on:||Extended Until Position is Filled|
|Organization:||VP Finance & Operations|
|Sub Department:||Area 5 Maintenance|
|Part/Full Time||Full Time Position|
|Hours:||8:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
Details: May be required to be on call or work overtime as scheduled or in emergencies
Days Off: Sun,Sat
|Background Check:||Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.|
|* Plus the ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards.|
|Other Special Qualifications:|
|Additional Information:||Position has Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure risk.|
|Desired Qualifications:||Prefer previous experience of soldering (i.e., piping). Commercial/industrial ESM experience. Basic computer skills. Project work knowledge and use of equipment. Public contact/customer service. Mechanical license. Hydronic license.|
|Duties:||Essential (Primary) Functions|
1. Troubleshoot complex Mechanical System.
2. Use specialized testing equipment for diagnostic evaluation.
3. Read and interpret prints, schematics and diagrams.
4. Repair/replace defective parts and equipment.
5. Maintain mandatory EPA records and laws.
6. Order specialized parts and tools.
7. Discuss job details/progress with managers.
Marginal (Secondary) Functions
1. Attend Safety Training classes.
2. Attend Departmental meetings.
3. Assist and direct others.
4. Oversee work audit persons.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Six years of experience in temperature and computerized building environmental automation systems, refrigeration or air conditioning work, including apprenticeship, or has two years of experience in computerized building environmental automation systems and meets the minimum eligibility requirements of ESM I; and
2. Has refrigeration certificate of at least type 2.
3. Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet University’s Fleet Safety Program.
Before applying for the ENVIRO SYSTEMS MECHANIC II position, please read the Minimum Qualifications
Before you can apply for a specific opening, you must have an ACTIVE ELECTRONIC MERIT EMPLOYMENT FILE with UI HR Employment Services. If you have already done so, please login. If you have not, please read our introductory page.
APPLICANT CREDENTIALS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION
Background checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.
For information about applying for Office and Clerical, Service, or Technical/Craft positions, please go to Merit Application Procedures or contact University Human Resources Employment Services at 319-335-2656 or 800-272-6400 (Iowa Toll Free).
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The University of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.
Persons with disabilities may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to inquire or discuss accommodation needs.
Prospective employees may review the University Campus Security Policy and the latest annual crime statistics by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 319/335-5022.