Merit Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM on the advertising end date.
|Initial Advertising Ends on:||Extended Until Position is Filled|
|Organization:||VP Finance & Operations|
|Building:||Power Plant (PP)|
|Part/Full Time||Full Time Position|
|Hours:||7:00 AM to 3:30 PM|
Days Off: Sun,Sat
Details: Rotating weekends on call
|Background Check:||Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.|
|* Plus the ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards.|
|Additional Information:||Must be able to move at least 80 lbs. Must be able to work in an industrial environment, including ability to withstand constant high noise, dust, fumes, poor lighting and ventilation, and high temperature levels.|
|Desired Qualifications:||Ability to work independently and on an on-call basis. At least 2 years working with electric motor controls, station power systems, and electrical, electronic and/or pneumatic control systems and at least 1 year of experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and water and gas analyzers or equivalent work. Work on systems at 480v is not required but desired. Journeyman license is not required, but is recognized.|
|Duties:||Under general supervision, designs, constructs, modifies and maintains complex electronic equipment used for Electronic Access Control. Provides functional supervision as required.|
1. Calibrates and keeps records on all plant instrumentation, controllers, and control valves.
2. Troubleshoots and maintains control systems including pneumatic and electronic boiler, turbine generator, chiller, and other utility controls.
3. Troubleshoot and maintain program logic control(PLA) based utility auxiliary systems including material handling, ash handling, and compressed air.
4. Maintain utility emissions gas, oxygen and opacity analyzers.
5. Prepares periodic report to regulatory agencies, such as US Environmental Protection Agency and Iowa Department of Natural Resources. Assist with troubleshooting and maintaining utility distributed control systems (DCS) using personal computer based workstations.
6. Interprets and maintains wiring diagrams and schematics on utility systems on work below 480 V.
1. Graduation from a two-year resident electronic school and three years experience in electronics construction and repair work, or
2. Any combination of training and experience from which comparable knowledge and ability can be acquired.
Before applying for the ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN II position, please read the Minimum Qualifications
Before you can apply for a specific opening, you must have an ACTIVE ELECTRONIC MERIT EMPLOYMENT FILE with UI HR Employment Services. If you have already done so, please login. If you have not, please read our introductory page.
APPLICANT CREDENTIALS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION
Background checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.
For information about applying for Office and Clerical, Service, or Technical/Craft positions, please go to Merit Application Procedures or contact University Human Resources Employment Services at 319-335-2656 or 800-272-6400 (Iowa Toll Free).
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The University of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.
Persons with disabilities may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to inquire or discuss accommodation needs.
Prospective employees may review the University Campus Security Policy and the latest annual crime statistics by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 319/335-5022.