|Type of Position||TENURE-TRACK/CLINICAL|
|Advertising Ends on:||Extended Until Position is Filled|
|Advertising Started on:||Wednesday, December 20th, 2017|
|College:||Carver College of Medicine|
|Full/Part Time Status:||Full Time|
The Department of Surgery, Division of Acute Care Surgery at the University of Iowa invites applicants for two (2) faculty position in the areas of Burn, Trauma, Emergency General Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care. Appointment rank is open and may be on either the non-tenure, tenure, or clinical track consistent with experience and research interest.
Position 1: Full time at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics.
Position 2: Approximately 75% time assigned to the Veteran’s Administration Medical Center in Iowa City, Iowa, providing general surgery services at that location. The remaining 25% of time will be on the Emergency General Surgery/Acute Care Surgery service at UIHC.
University of Iowa Health Care offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For additional information please contact:
Dionne Skeete, MD
Interim Director, Division of Acute Care Surgery
Applicants must hold a medical doctorate from an approved medical college, and have completed training in all phases of General Surgery.
For Position 1, Completion of a fellowship in burn treatment, acute care surgery or trauma/critical care is required.
For Position 2, Completion of a fellowship in burn treatment, acute care surgery or trauma/critical care is desirable.
Applicants for both positions will need to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, be committed to ongoing performance improvement, and to providing care as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. Candidates must also have demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment. Teaching and participation in outreach activities are integral to the positions. Experience in research at a level which enables procurement of outside funding is required for tenure track appointments.
Position 1: Applicants must possess board eligibility/certification from the American Board of Surgery, and possess board eligibility/certification in Surgical Critical Care.
Postition 2: Applicants must possess board eligibility/certification from the American Board of Surgery.
Applicants with established research are preferred.
Name and Contact Information of References
Letter of Interest
|Number of References: 3|
To start the Online Application process for this position, click the "Apply for This Position" button located below the Contact Information.
|Contact:||Katherine K Carolan - email@example.com|
IOWA CITY, IA 52242
Department URL: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/surgery/
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The University of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.
Persons with disabilities may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to inquire or discuss accommodation needs.
Prospective employees may review the University Campus Security Policy and the latest annual crime statistics by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 319/335-5022.