|Department||Quick Care Administration/UIHC|
|Working Title||Nursing Assistant - UICC Urgent Care Clinics Hourly / PRN|
The University of Iowa Community Clinics is seeking a HOURLY /PRN Nursing Assistant (24 hours per month) to work at our Urgent Care Clinics located in Iowa City/Coralville/Cedar Rapids.
Our Urgent Care staff are responsible to support our clinics who see a wide variety of patients from 6 months to geriatric and ensures patient care standards are met. This position is part of a dynamic and fast paced environment, rich with opportunities for learning and growth. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that encourages teamwork between multiple disciplinary teams to provide the most comprehensive care to our patients.
GENERAL CLASS DESCRIPTION:
Under direct supervision, assists the members of the nursing team in provision of multiple types of patient care in out-patient care areas.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists with patient intake, rooming, and clinic visit needs.
2. Provides for patients' personal hygiene and comfort.
3. Assist patient with ambulation as needed.
4. Transports patients, equipment, specimens and supplies.
5. Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
6. Performs simple diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as preoperative preparation of the skin, dressing changes, collecting specimens, POCT testing, applying binders, etc., as delegated by clinical team.
7. Performs routine moderate complexity testing including but not limited to urinalyses, rapid antigen kit tests, and various pot of care tests. Uses the Laboratory Information System to accession specimens. Performs, or may direct performance of, data entry, labeling and processing of laboratory specimens.
8. Participates in clinical cares; reports pertinent patient information and incidents to staff in charge.
9. Provides for patient comfort measures through social interactions.
10. Shares responsibility for preparation, proper use and care of equipment and supplies and for nearness and cleanliness of clinic.
11. May assemble equipment and supplies in preparation for various diagnostic or treatment procedures performed by physicians or clinical staff.
12. Performs special duties as taught and directed by the APP/clinical staff in charge.
13. Cleans patient areas and examining rooms dependent on the area of assignment.
14. Stock and supply patient rooms and nursing units.
15. Will perform front desk duties as needed.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
WE CARE Core Values:
Welcoming - We strive for an environment where everyone has a voice that is heard, that promotes the dignity of our patients, trainees, and employees, and allows all to thrive in their health, work, research, and education.
Percent of Time: Hourly (24 hours per month)
Schedule: Variable hours Monday - Friday between 7:00 AM - 9:30 PM; 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
Location: Iowa City, IA and surround areas (Coralville and Cedar Rapids)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
3. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
4. Ability to provide care with regards to patient condition and age.
5. Knowledge of principles of sanitation and health hazards.
6. Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
This position is not eligible for university sponsorship for employment authorization.
|Application Instructions||Please send your resume for review and consideration to Jennifer Allen at: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu for this opportunity.|
|Ad Start Date||11/23/2022|
|Ad End Date||12/15/2022|