Classification Title: Occupational Therapist PD30
Department: Rehabilitation Therapies
Pay Grade: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans (https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans)
Salary: $35.00 per hour to commensurate
Percent of Time: PRN
Staff Type: SEIU
Type of Position: Temporary
The Department of Rehabilitation Therapies at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist to evaluate, interpret findings, and treat patients with complex physical dysfunctions, and/or injuries involving both complex and/or specialized needs in an acute care setting.
- Provide quality patient care, evaluation, assessment and treatment appropriate for patients with complex or specialized needs.
- Participate in the development of innovative clinical teaching activities to meet the learning needs of staff and students.
- Exhibit divisional and/or departmental leadership by:
- Serve as a clinical resource and maintain high level of clinical productivity.
- Participate in clinical research and collaborate on special projects.
- Assist with setting and accomplishing divisional/departmental goals and assists management as necessary.
- Develop, implement and expand learning opportunities and skills development for staff and students.
- Assist in establishing new programs, as well as maintaining and developing current programs.
- Assist in the administration of the departmental Quality Assurance Program.
- Participate in the development of service operations, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for all members of the University community in the course of performing one’s duties and I response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customers.
- Welcomes the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognizes that diversity brings stimulation, challenge, and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace.
- Represents the interests of the University of a unit leadership in the use of resources to meet service and productivity demands within unit goals and budgets; strives to promote continual process and quality improvement.
- Seeks opportunities to enhance one’s own professional knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to one’s current position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
- Performs special projects and tasks as assigned.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, or additional information, please contact:
Carol Seaman, UIHC-Rehab Therapies,
Administrative Services Specialist
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.