|Department||Outreach Clinics/UIHC Affiliates|
|Working Title||Nursing Assistant - Cedar Falls Pediatrics Hourly/PRN|
The University of Iowa Community Clinics is seeking a HOURLY (PRN) Nursing Assistant (10 - 20 hours per week) to work at our Cedar Falls Clinic. This position directly supports our Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing/ Swabbing for our patients in the Cedar Falls area.
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital offers pediatric specialty care consultations and appointments in one convenient, Cedar Falls location. Providing specialized health care close to home may benefit your child and family in a variety of ways including improved access, better outcomes, and less stress from travel
GENERAL CLASS DESCRIPTION:
Under direct supervision, assists the members of the nursing team in provision of multiple types of patient care in out-patient care areas. Main duties include swabbing for pre-procedural testing for COVID-19.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists with taking swaps, including flu and COVID-19.
2. Provides for patients' personal hygiene and comfort.
3. Assist patient with ambulation as needed.
4. Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
5. Cover front desk as needed and assist in lab as needed.
6. Provides for patient comfort measures through social interactions.
7. Shares responsibility for preparation, proper use and care of equipment and supplies and for nearness and cleanliness of clinic.
8. May assemble equipment and supplies in preparation for various diagnostic or treatment procedures performed by physicians or clinical staff.
9. Performs special duties as taught and directed by the APP/clinical staff in charge.
10. Stock and supply patient rooms and nursing units.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
3. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
4. Ability to provide care with regard to patient condition and age.
5. Knowledge of principles of sanitation and health hazards.
6. Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT:
Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
Previous patient care experience
Certificated Nursing Assistant is desirable
|Application Instructions||Please send your resume for review and consideration to Jennifer Allen at: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu for this opportunity.|
|Ad Start Date||08/03/2022|
|Ad End Date||08/26/2022|