Classification Title: Occupational Therapist PD31
Department: Rehabilitation Therapies
Pay Grade: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans
Salary: $35.00 per hour to commensurate
Percent of Time: PRN
Staff Type: SEIU
Type of Position: Temporary
The Department of Rehabilitation Therapies at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is seeking Occupational Therapists for PRN work. The selected candidate must be capable of caring for acute inpatients with a variety of complex medical and/or behavioral health diagnoses. Weekday and weekend hours are available.
- Provides quality patient care, evaluation, assessment and treatment appropriate for patients’ needs.
- Evaluates and instructs patients in appropriate treatment plans in order to achieve treatment goals.
- Participates in divisional quality/process improvement activities and recommends opportunities for improvement in service quality.
- Attends and participates in educational programs and provides educational experiences as assigned.
- Demonstrates respect for all members of the University community in the course of performing one’s duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customers.
- Welcomes the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognizes that diversity brings stimulation, challenge, and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace.
- Represents the interests of the University of a Unit Leadership in the use of resources to meet service and productivity demands within unit goals and budgets; strives to promote continual process and quality improvement.
- Seeks opportunities to enhance one’s own professional knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to one’s current position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
- Performs special projects and tasks as assigned.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, or additional information, please contact:
Carol Seaman, UIHC-Rehab Therapies,
Administrative Services Specialist
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Reasonable (1-3 years) experience in Occupational Therapy
Reasonable (1-3 years) experience in providing occupational therapy primarily to adults in an inpatient acute care setting and/or a behavioral health setting
Ability to function as part of a multidisciplinary team
Demonstrated leadership in a work or academic setting.
Experience working with a variety of psychiatric diagnoses
Demonstrated efficiency in the provision of patient care