|Department||Center for Diversity and Enrichment/Office of the Provost|
|Working Title||Upward Bound Summer Bridge Seminar Instructor|
The University of Iowa TRIO Upward Bound Project is seeking a Summer Bridge Seminar Instructor to create and actively teach a college transition seminar for recent high school graduates who will be attending college in the fall. The Bridge Seminar will meet four times per week on Monday-Thursday (one hour per meeting, or 240 instructional minutes per week).
- Create an engaging and informative course curriculum and syllabus for the seminar.
- Effectively teach the curriculum developed for the course.
- Plan and implement assigned special activities during the summer program.
- Update grades on University’s course management system (ICON) by Friday of each week.
- Other duties as assigned.
$24-$32 per hour as commensurate
Employee training stipend included in salary; attendance at staff training is required. Position may include some evening and weekend activities.
REQUIRED EVENTS CALENDAR:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands and priorities
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching techniques and strategies
- Experience teaching and facilitating courses for high school seniors or first-year college students
- Experience incorporating computer technology into teaching and learning
- Experience with student services issues
- Experience teaching students from low-income backgrounds, multiethnic backgrounds, and/or who are potential first-generation college graduates
Appropriate background checks (e.g. criminal background and credential checks) will be conducted.
|Application Instructions||Applicants may apply online at http://diversity.uiowa.edu/employment-opportunities or obtain a paper version of the application by visiting 2750 University Capitol Center or calling or emailing Upward Bound at the below contact information.
An on-campus interview will be required. If you have questions, call Upward Bound at (319) 335-6708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuous recruitment: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. Applications will no longer be accepted after May 1st, 2020.
|Ad Start Date||01/28/2020|
|Ad End Date||05/01/2020|