The University of Iowa is a leader in the Big Ten providing a comprehensive benefit package. Depending upon your employment classification, benefit options include:
The University offers a full benefits plan that allows you to match your benefit dollars to your personal needs; one of the few such plans in higher education.
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Comprehensive dental insurance plans
- Domestic partner coverage for same and opposite-sex partners
- Group and supplemental life insurance
- Spouse and/or dependent life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Group long-term care insurance with guaranteed acceptance for 60 days after date of hire
- Voluntary insurance program giving access to a wide range of additional discounted insurance products such as home, auto, vision, cancer, and short-term disability
The University provides the option to deposit pre-tax money to use toward eligible health and dependent care expenses.
The University provides Sick Leave, Family Caregiving Leave, and Faculty Development Programs for all faculty and Vacation and Catastrphoic Leave for faculty with fiscal year appointments
- Retirement plans with generous University contributions (typically 10 percent of your salary up to IRS maximum limits) and a wide variety of investment options.
- Free retirement account advising if you select TIAA-CREF retirement at the local TIAA-CREF Office.
- Free financial education classes on a variety of topics available on campus every month through University vendors.
For more detailed information, please visit The University of Iowa's Benefits web site