The University of Iowa is a leader in the Big Ten providing a comprehensive benefit package to all regular staff with appointments of 50% or more. Depending upon your employment classification, benefit options include:
The University offers a full benefits plan that allows you to match your benefit dollars to your personal needs; one of the few such plans in higher education.
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Comprehensive dental insurance plans
- Domestic partner coverage for same and opposite-sex partners
- Group and supplemental life insurance
- Spouse and/or dependent life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Group long-term care insurance with guaranteed acceptance for 60 days after date of hire
- Voluntary insurance program giving access to a wide range of additional discounted insurance products such as home, auto, vision, cancer, and short-term disability
The University provides the option to deposit pre-tax money to use toward eligible health and dependent care expenses.
The University also provides Vacation, Sick Leave , Family Caregiving Leave, Catastrophic Leave and Holiday pay.
- Retirement plans with generous University contributions (typically 10 percent of your salary up to IRS maximum limits) and a wide variety of investment options.
- Free retirement account advising if you select TIAA-CREF retirement at the local TIAA-CREF Office.
- Free financial education classes on a variety of topics available on campus every month through University vendors.
For more detailed information, please visit The University of Iowa's Benefits web site.