MANAGEMENT SERVICES MANAGER
Requisition # 71790
|Working Title||HVAC & MECHANICAL SERVICES MANAGER|
|Advertising Ends on:||Extended Until Position is Filled|
|Advertising Started on:||Tuesday, October 10th, 2017|
|Department:||Maintenance & Engineering|
|Salary:||$75,000.00 to Commensurate|
|Type of Position||Regular: A position which is considered essential for the effective long-term operation of the university. Persons appointed to this position will receive the privileges and benefits associated with regular employment status.|
- The HVAC & Mechanical Services Manager is responsible for the overall management, operations and regulatory compliance of HVAC, mechanical and plumbing services including medical gas and vacuum and refrigerant systems in assigned buildings and areas.
- The manager will oversee the monitoring of overall plant operation systems related to the performance, maintenance, repairs and staff assigned responsibilities.
- Participates in the daily and regulatory management of the water, plumbing, heating, medical gas and vacuum and other associated mechanical operations for UIHC.
- Oversees the corrective and maintenance requests and ensures the work performed is accomplished efficiently and with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Responsible for HVAC and mechanical personnel management including new hire selection, scheduling and payroll, performance appraisals, recognition, staff development, discipline and other human resource related duties.
- This position must maintain compliance and required documentation with all applicable regulatory agencies including but not limited to The Joint Commission and NFPA.
- Utilizes the department computer maintenance management software (CMMS) to maintain equipment inventory, repair history and labor productivity.
- The HVAC and Mechanical Systems Manager will work with users and management to schedule equipment to be taken safely off line to ensure preventative maintenance and required repairs can be performed.
- Demonstrates competencies to analyze the operation of various infrastructure systems and determine the root cause of HVAC and mechanical problems and take corrective action as required.
- Provides staff training and hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures; demonstrates and teaches a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Directs the performance of contractors involved in maintenance and repairs.
- Participates in forecasting and monitoring operational budgets and makes recommendations for future operating and capital expenditures.
- Complies with all departmental and organization policies and procedures. Implements and monitors programs to reduce utility and water consumption; oversees the water treatment program.
- Works cooperatively with the University Facilities Management team and the Capital Management Department to ensure urgent needs are met in a timely and safe manner; participates in design and construction meetings.
- Develops and revises design standards, constructed and completed within the UIHC recommended standards, for the HVAC and mechanical shops.
- This position will report to the Assistant Director of Engineering Services and serves as department representative on assigned committees.
- Occasionally must be able to move objects, and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina in assisting with HVAC, mechanical and plumbing maintenance situations.
- On-call and ability to respond to emergencies is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in HVAC field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the HVAC field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and/or mechanical codes.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated project coordination related to HVAC, mechanical, OR plumbing.
- Demonstrated experience working with personal computers, word processing and Microsoft Excel.
- Valid Driver’s License and meets UI Fleet Safety requirements.
- Graduate of a HVAC trade school or apprenticeship.
- Demonstrated experience in creating a positive work environment that demonstrates a focus on service excellence principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and change management skills with a focus on maintaining and developing relationships and partnerships.
- Knowledge and understanding of hospital setting, policies, procedures and services in order to effectively communicate with patients, guests and staff.
Online Application Options
|Application Type:||This job requires basic applicant information, plus a resume. Your resume should not be sent to the contact below. The resume will be attached during the Online Application Process.|
|Cover Letter:||A plain text cover letter is required.|
|References:||References must be filled out online during the application process, however, only professional references will be allowed.|
| ||Number of References: 3|
|Driving License Required:||In order to be hired for this job, you must have a valid U.S. driving license. The person(s) selected for this position will have their driving information reviewed, and must meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards.|
To start the Online Application process for this position, click the "Apply for This Position" button located below the Contact Information.
Attention: Your resume should not be sent to the contact below. The resume will be attached during the Online Application Process.
|Contact:||Jayne E Nelson - firstname.lastname@example.org|
Uihc-Facility Services Admin
UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL - GENERAL
200 HAWKINS DR
IOWA CITY, IA 52242
For information about applying for P&S positions, please go to
Professional and Scientific Position Application Procedures
The qualifications for the positions are listed in the job advertisement.
Equivalent combinations of education and related work experience may be considered.
The salary listed indicates the minimum for the pay grade to a level commensurate
with qualifications and experience. To review P&S or SEIU pay schedules or for a
complete classification description go to the
University of Iowa Compensation and
Classification web site.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The University of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.
Persons with disabilities may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or email@example.com, to inquire or discuss accommodation needs.
Prospective employees may review the University Campus Security Policy and the latest annual crime statistics by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 319/335-5022.