Merit Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM on the advertising end date.
|Initial Advertising Ends on:||Extended Until Position is Filled|
|Organization:||VP Finance & Operations|
|Building:||Madison Street Services Building (MSSB)|
|Part/Full Time||Full Time Position|
|Hours:||7:00 AM to 3:30 PM|
Details: Some mandatory overtime as needed.
Days Off: Sun,Sat
|Background Check:||Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.|
|* Plus the ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards.|
|Other Special Qualifications:|
|Additional Information:||Position has Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure risk.|
|Desired Qualifications:||Knowledge of electrical codes, utility standards, and safety programs as governed by rules, regulations and guidelines of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, equipment manufacturers, and others. Ability to plan and perform work involving the installation, modification and repair of new and existing high voltage electrical systems and related electronic control and protective equipment with minimal guidance by others while maintaining work continuity when unplanned events cause disruptions.|
|Duties:||CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, calibrates, repairs and replaces high voltage electric distribution systems and related equipment, including but not limited to switchgear, circuit breakers, relays, substation equipment, solid state control systems, power and distribution class transformers, power generators, capacitor banks, solid state meters, field protection and monitoring systems, cable and conduit. Jobs may require one day to several weeks to complete depending on complexity.
2. Determines jobsite work sequences and safety procedures required, procures materials, coordinates outages, completes work, places systems back into service. Inspection of work by supervisor may occur up to weekly.
3. Draws layouts, reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, other drawings and instruction books.
4. Assists in directing the work of apprentices and other workers.
5. May perform other electrical duties as required.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Four years experience in the trade, including apprenticeship, of which two years must be working with high voltage (over 600 volts). Commercial Drivers License may be required.
Before applying for the ELECTRICIAN, HIGH VOLTAGE position, please read the Minimum Qualifications
Before you can apply for a specific opening, you must have an ACTIVE ELECTRONIC MERIT EMPLOYMENT FILE with UI HR Employment Services. If you have already done so, please login. If you have not, please read our introductory page.
APPLICANT CREDENTIALS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION
Background checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.
For information about applying for Office and Clerical, Service, or Technical/Craft positions, please go to Merit Application Procedures or contact University Human Resources Employment Services at 319-335-2656 or 800-272-6400 (Iowa Toll Free).
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The University of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.
Persons with disabilities may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or email@example.com, to inquire or discuss accommodation needs.
Prospective employees may review the University Campus Security Policy and the latest annual crime statistics by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 319/335-5022.