|Department||Retail Operations/Student Life|
|Jobcode||Food Service Coordinator I|
|Working Title||Temporary Food Service Coordinator I|
The Division of Student Life: University Housing & Dining is seeking a Temporary Food Service Coordinator I for the Power Café. Under general supervision, assigns and coordinates the activities of food workers involved in set-up, food service and maintaining cleanliness of food service areas and equipment.
Duties to include:
· Coordinates and participates in the set-up if serving lines, beverage and condiment stations prior to meal serving
· Assigns and reviews work on employees engaged on supplying and arranging of food, dishes, silverware and other supplies at steam table and serving stations
· Monitors operation of food serving line and dining areas to insure that supplies of food products are adequate and of prescribed quality
· Checks work area for employee attendance and arranges to fill in when necessary. Evaluates the work of student employees as required
· Handles requests and inquired from customers pertaining to food service
· Insures that food and other supplies are returned to the kitchen and recorded following meal service; and to work area/equipment is clean and orderly at the close of each day
· Provides on-the-job training of employees assigned to food service unit
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
Hourly Rate: $17.00
Hours: Wednesday through Sunday from 3:00pm - 11:30 pm. Mondays and Tuesdays off.
Additional Hours: Occasional overtime may be offered to cover peak periods of operational need.
Additional Information: Temporary Position
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
|Application Instructions||If interested in applying for this position, please email HR Student Life at:
HRfirstname.lastname@example.org and provide your resume or go to the Division of Student Life Application Portal to complete an online application: https://apps.studentlife.uiowa.edu/seo
|Ad Start Date||08/01/2022|
|Ad End Date||08/22/2022|