|Working Title||Dental Assistant - Oral Surgery Clinic|
Under general supervision, performs chairside duties in assistance of dental students, graduate students, and faculty, and carries out all functions which a dental assistant is legally certified to perform as delegated by the student or faculty dentist. Participates in student coaching and feedback sessions.
· Cleans operatory and equipment each day and prepares the area for daily scheduled treatment of patients.
· Coordinates proper tray setups and equipment necessary for procedures which will be performed.
· Prepares patients for dental treatment, obtaining past medical history and other pertinent information from the patient or legal guardian.
· Exposes and processes radiographs and traces and records measurements for cephalometric x-rays.
· Performs all duties assigned by dental students, graduate students, or faculty, including duties involving direct patient contact such as applying rubber dam or other methods of maintenance and control in the field of operation. Also performs duties not involving direct patient contact such as sharpening instruments and performing minor maintenance of equipment.
· Coaches’ students in concepts of Dental Auxiliary Utilization and participates in student feedback sessions.
· Assists in training students, faculty and newly appointed dental assistants in the methods used at the College of Dentistry.
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others.
· Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of dental assistant work as instructed in ADAA accredited educational programs.
· Ability to work in close quarters with dental faculty and students while maintaining a positive environment for patients.
· Ability to maintain a certificate of proficiency in dental radiography required by the Iowa Board of Dental Examiners.
· Ability to operate necessary machines and instruments used in dental assistance duties.
· Successful completion of an ADAA dental assistance program or two years of chairside assistant experience assisting in four-handed method of dentistry.
· Must have a current certificate of registration to practice as a dental assistant issued by the Iowa Board of Dental Examiners.
· Must possess current Iowa certificate of proficiency in dental radiography
· Mon-Fri 0800-1700. No holiday, call, and or weekend coverage.
|Application Instructions||Submit resume to email@example.com|
|Ad Start Date||07/28/2022|
|Ad End Date||08/31/2022|