Apply for Positions as Lateral Transfer - Voluntary Demotion Service Area Promotion - Trainee Transfer - Reinstatement
Permanent Employees are eligible to apply for other merit positions with Lateral
Transfer, Voluntary Demotion, Service Area Promotion and Trainee Transfer status.
Permanency means the successful completion of six months probation in the
classification currently being held, or if in continuous employment, the last
classification held in which the probation period was completed if currently
serving a probation in a different classification.
Reinstatement applies to previous permanent Iowa Board of Regents Merit Employees
who resigned in "Good Standing". This Reinstatement status applies to classifications
where the qualifications are met and are in the same pay grade or lower than the last
permanent job previously held.
- Complete or update your Merit employment application using the online application process
- Contact Employment Services at 319-335-2656 to speak with an Employment Representative.
- Check the current jobs by performing a job search, or come into the Employment Services office.
- You must be eligible to apply for the classification and meet all of the special qualifications for each position for which you want to apply.
- Login to the Jobs@UIOWA website and select the"Quick Apply to Merit Jobs" section under the "My Merit Jobs" tab.
- You may call the department and tell them of your interest in the position. Our office will give you the name and phone number of the contact person.
- Departments will access your application online and your salary information from our payroll system. Before end of advertising they may request from you an application copy which you can print and mail to them or hand deliver.
- The department will contact you directly if they want an interview.
- Six months probation period applies to Lateral Transfer, Voluntary Demotion, Trainee Transfer, Service Area Promotion, and Reinstatement.
- Talk with your departmental Human Resources Representative or call Employment Services at 319-335-2656 if you have questions concerning probation periods.
You may e-mail questions to the employment interviewers: